04/25/2016 (Mon) 00:14:47
What must you believe in Christ?
1) Christ is the only son of God?
2) Christ died as a substitution sacrafice for your sins?
3) Christ is co-substantial with the god the father. (Made of the same God Substance)?
4) Christ is the Messiah prophecized about in Issah and Daniel?
5) Christ is the temporal king of the world?
6) Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead?
7) Christ was born of the virgin mary without sin?
8) Christ performed healing miracles?
10) Christ said the sayings attributed to him in the books of Matthew, Mark Luke and John.
11) Paul is the apostle of Christ, and Peter the Bishop of rome and leader of the Church
12) The Baptism ritual with water and the words "I baptize you in the name of the father of the son and of the holy spirit"
Confers a baptismal character onto the baptized making the baptized a Christian, freed from all sins, and shielded from damnation by Christ?
13) Only those who are baptized are christians...all others are damned?
14) Christ was both man and god but not only one or the other. Two natures human and divine?
15) God is three persons. Seperate and distinct but all god. God the Father, God the Son, God the holy spirit?
16) Salvation (Life after death in heaven seeing the beatific vision (The face of God). Only requires belief in god and belief in some or all of the above points?
17 ) Salvation is assured for the baptized regardless of post baptismal sin?
18) His holiness the Pope of Rome is the vicar of Christ? The king of the world?
The head of the universal church? Successor to the apostle peter?
19) Salvation is from faith alone, and not from any earthly works? No good deeds can save you only faith?
20) Do all christians from all denominations attain salvation? Or just your denomination?
21) What about Muslims? What about Jews? What about Hindus? What about Buddhists? Atheists? Hare Krishna? Taoist? Confuscist? Spiritist? Animist? Wiccan?
22) What does belief in Christ mean? What must one believe to have belief in Christ?
23) Christianity seems to consist of a collection of beliefs, varying depending on the particular denomination. Are some of these beliefs sufficient for salvation and others not? Which beliefs are sufficient? Which are superfluous? Which are necessary for salvation?
24) What is salvation? What is the beatific vision?
25) Do the non-saved disapear or are punished in hell? Cleansed in purgatory?
26) What exactly is saved? Your soul? Your essence? Your thoughts? Ideas? Memories? What does that look like?
This is a fascinating topic.