Reader 06/06/2020 (Sat) 11:06:05 Id: b8a318 No.16000 del
(22.38 MB 1920x1080 Just a flu bro.webm)
>>15999
>Not too sure about how reliable face masks are from preventing the people around you from getting sick
0%. They're illusions of safety. Virologists wear full environment suits when dealing with deadly viruses for a reason. https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/85814
"The authors pointed to earlier research showing particles 0.04 to 0.2 μm "can penetrate surgical masks." For the coronavirus responsible for SARS, particles were estimated to be within that range at 0.08 to 0.14 μm, they said." (μm = micrometer) That means SARS-CoV-2 particles are between 8/100ths to 14/100ths of a single micrometer. Saliva particles begin at 0.06 of micrometer, that is 6/100ths and up. Every saliva particle above 0.08 will penetrate those masks.
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-1342
"The median viral loads after coughs without a mask, with a surgical mask, and with a cotton mask were 2.56 log copies/mL, 2.42 log copies/mL, and 1.85 log copies/mL, respectively. All swabs from the outer mask surfaces of the masks were positive for SARS–CoV-2, whereas most swabs from the inner mask surfaces were negative" + "Neither surgical nor cotton masks effectively filtered SARS–CoV-2 during coughs by infected patients."
Clearly, 4/100ths to 20/100ths of a micrometer can penetrate surgical masks. Coffee filters filter 20 microns and up. Dishtowels/washcloths filter 60% of 10/100ths of a micron and up, leaving 40% you're taking in. Average T-shirt cloth filters 30% of airborne particles 50 microns and higher. And >>15951 displays the common disposable masks provided by corporations which filter 3 microns+. Your natural mucociliary clearance filters 2.5 microns and above on it's own. Anything filtering above that amount is completely useless. Coffee filters, cloth masks, corporate provided disposable masks = pointless. They're placebos.