I had a good week mostly cleaning code and adding some things for advanced users.highlights
If you are in advanced mode, the file sort and collect controls now have a 'tags' button. This lets you determine which tag service that particular sort/collect applies to. If you are this tag-clever, let me know how it works for you. This tag button is the same thing that autocomplete dropdowns use, and I expect it to soon get a 'multiple location' makeover like the file button did with multiple file services.
The archived file delete lock (under options->files and trash
) gets a pass this week. If you try to delete files that are currently locked, it now makes a popup with a button to see those specific files, so you can decide what to do. The duplicate filter also handles the different situations (like 'archive both files' + 'delete the worse file') better.
The duplicate filter also now shows if one or both files have an ICC profile.
The shortcut actions to 'move page selection home/left/right/end' now try
to stay on the same level if you hit them several times. If you use these actions, try them out through a mix of page of pages and you'll see how it works now. It remembers the current level within three seconds of the last move event. This was requested by several users, and there isn't a nice way to do it so I hacked an answer, so let me know what you think.full list
- sort and collect updates:
- for big brain users, the collect control now has a tag domain button. it only shows if you are in advanced mode (issue #572)
- the sort control also has a tag domain button hidden behind advanced mode. it applies to system:num tags and namespace sorting
- the collect control now appears on all import pages
- archived file delete lock:
- the duplicate processing action code now no longer archives files that are due for deletion right before that deletion. this was hitting the archive delete lock
- if archive delete lock is on and the 'other' file in the duplicate filter is archived, the option to 'this is better, delete the other' is now disabled
- if you attempt to delete a delete-locked file during normal browsing, or if an automatic system like export folders wants to but fails on some, a popup is now made with a button to show the files that were filtered out so you can review the situation and fix it if you want
- I am considering adding a dialog to say 'hey, this is locked, want to send back to inbox?' to fix these situations in a nice way, but I think this is probably a bad idea in terms of workflow, design, and my sanity given all the edge cases and potential future expansions of lock rules. maybe I'll add a simple 'delete and override lock checks' option, but a lock is a lock tbh. for now, I will focus on this better UI feedback of currently delete-locked files and make it simpler for humans to remove any locks