08/10/2022 (Wed) 22:20
Note Import Options is going to do that very soon. I need to figure out how NIO defaults are going to work (probably the same way TIO does, based on network domain to allow for finicky per-site options as needed) and do some more parsing stuff, and then it should all link together. If you would like to check out what NIO looks like, please hit up network->downloader components->EXPERIMENTAL: check out Note Import Options. Read the help and tooltips, and let me know if it is crazy confusing or if you think I have missed anything simple, obvious, and important.
Downloader creators can also play with note parsing. It isn't linked to anything yet, but you can see how it works. It is pretty simple, just a new Content Parser type. You set the name of the note and parse the text. It'll get washed through the NIO and then applied to the file. The main remaining problem is the parsing system can't yet do multi-line results. I'd like to tackle that in the coming week(s). If you make downloaders, please have a think about what notes if any you would like to parse and what tech I can add to make that easier. However to stop myself going crazy, I have decided for this first version to not allow parsed note names.
- if available, Qt6 is now the default. specifically, if the QT_API environment variable is not set, the default is now PySide6, and if that is not available, then PySide2 (Qt5). previously, the opposite was true
- fixed a bug in last week's File Import Options default update with the new 'default' FIOs always showing 'new' files on a gallery/watcher highlight. the Presentation Import Options and the check to see if the pending local file domains actually exist now correctly look up the 'default' FIOs
- Qt6 has much better UI scaling support than Qt5 for zooms other than 100%/200%. many Windows users are at 125%/150%, which revealed some pretty ugly thumbnails and thumb banner text in Qt6. thank you for the reports. I did my homework and read up on how this is _supposed_ to work and I have hacked pretty thumbnails at unusual UI scales. it also redraws itself correctly when I move from a 100% screen to a different one at 125%; let me know how you get on. I'm quite pleased
- the media viewer is still slightly borked at >100%. the fix will be slightly different, but I have a plan and hope to have it sorted for next week.
- fixed setting a mouse scroll wheel shortcut in shortcut options in Qt6
- as a reminder, as far as I know, Windows 7 cannot run Qt6. I will be dropping the Qt5 build in a few weeks, so if you are a Windows 7 user, have a think on what you want to do--either stop updating, move hydrus to a newer OS, or run from source on Win 7/Qt5
- note import options and note parsing:
- note parsing is ready in parts. I am rolling them out for feedback from advanced users and hope to link it all up into a working system next week!
- the different 'x import options', previously file and tag import options, and this week adding 'note import options', are now edited through one combined button and dialog. this 'import options' button dynamically adjusts to deal with how many types of import options the importer has and will relabel and tooltip and right-click-menu itself appropriately
- this new button and multi-edit-panel show '(is default)' status in menus and tabs for quick referral
- if you want to play with note import options, check out the new EXPERIMENTAL menu option under _network->downloader components_. read the help and tooltips and let me know if I have missed anything simple, obvious, and important
- I have no default system for Note Import Options set up yet, so I have not added it for real. I will do something domain-based, similar to Tag Import Options.