I had an ok week mostly working on making images look better.warped tiles
tl;dr: Images look better now.
I put a lot of time into the tiled renderer this week, mostly fixing 'stretch-warped' tiles. These are most obvious in the duplicate viewer when you are flipping between two very similar images that have slightly different resolution--you would see one part of one of the images stretched one pixel horizontally or vertically compared to the other.
This turned out to be complicated to fix, and moreso for unusual zooms (like a 124.65% style canvas fit zoom), but I think I have fixed almost all warping, and tile join artifacts, for all zooms below about ~6000%, with the exception of some bottommost and rightmost tiles.
I also added an option to options->speed and memory
to govern how large the tiles should be. This is 768-pixel squares by default, but if you still have trouble with warping in the duplicate viewer or other high zoom situations, please try boosting it a bit. Larger numbers will be less memory and CPU efficient, so I don't recommend 4096 to start off, but let's see what we find in real situations.
I like the tiled renderer, so I don't want to abandon or completely replace it. I thought seriously of ditching it this week, when I could not figure out a solution to warping, but I slept on it and figured it out. If I can keep patching remaining problems, I'll be happy, but I do have a backup plan as well. Let me know how you get on!the rest
I think I fixed the issue where, after some serious network errors, the downloaders could get in a 'traffic jam' and all stay on 'pending', with nothing going to 'working'.
Finishing a big archive/delete filter should result in less UI lag. If you are a user who hits F5 right after committing archive/delete, let me know how this works for you!
The green/blue/red texts in the duplicate filter's right-hand hover window are now moved to the style system, so QSS stylesheet files (as under options->style
) can finally change their colour. I set up some basic dark/light blues for all the default QSS files, so it should be a bit easier to read the blue text in dark mode styles now. These were the last hardcoded text colours in the program, so we are now one step closer to moving everything to QSS.