I had a great week cleaning code and fixing bugs. If you have a big database, it will take a minute to update this week.all misc this week, most bug fixes
I fixed a critical bug in tag siblings. It was causing some tag siblings to be forgotten, particularly on local tag services, and particularly when a tag had a sibling removed and added (e.g. 'delete A->B, then add A->C') in the same transaction. I will keep working here and will trigger a new sibling reprocess in the future just as 450 did so we can fix more PTR issues.
The new content-based processing tracking had a couple more issues. Some Linux users, in particular, it just broke for, due to a SQLite version issue. I have fixed that, and I have fixed some issues it caused for IPFS. There are new unit tests to make sure this won't happen again.
I fixed an issue with sessions recently not saving thumbnail order correctly!
I fixed issues with some of the new Client API file search parameters not working right!
Big video files should import a bit faster, and will show more status updates as they do their work.
We have had more anti-virus problems in recent weeks. We'd hoped building on github would eliminate them, but it hasn't completely. A user helped me trace one issue to the Windows installer. We have 'corrected' it (believe it or not, it was removing the 'open help' checkbox on the final page of the install wizard, and yes the reasons for why this was causing problems are ridiculous), so with luck there will be fewer problems. Thank you for the reports, and let me know if you have more trouble!full list
- stupid anti-virus thing:
- we have had several more anti-virus false positives just recently. we discovered that at least one testbed used by these companies was testing the 'open html help' checkbox in the installer, which then launched Edge on the testbed, and then launched the Windows Update process for Edge and Skype, which was somehow interacting with UAC and thus considered suspicious activity owned by the hydrus installer process, lmao. thereafter, it seems the installer exe's DNS requests were somehow being cross-connected with the client.exe scan as that was identified as connected with the installer. taking that checkbox out as a test produced a much cleaner scan. there is a limit to how much of this nonsense I will accomodate, but this week we are trying a release without that 'open help' link in the installer, let's see how it goes
- semi-related, I brushed up the install path message in the installer and clarified help->help will open the help in the first-start welcome popup message