>>44276>Russia and China are going to build an International Moon base and have humans there by 2036
China - of course, but Russia - never. Maybe only as minor partner of China, but chances are low, at least now.
Russian space program is basically dead. Roscosmos had all money they want in 2000s, and only thing they did is corruption scandals, like stealing 1 billion rubles by Energiya or case with Vostochny:https://tass.com/society/1194933https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2018/02/26/russias-vostochny-cosmodrome-bosses-jailed-mass-corruption-a60628
- module "Nauka" that was planned as large Russian part of ISS still isn't launched. They've planned to launch in in 2000-s (!), and it still under construction after multiple flaws in design and assembling. It was planned to launch it in 2007, 2011, 2015, 2021... Still nothing.
- Combined moon program with China failed, Chinese waited for some time and decided to launch everything by themselves, because Roscosmos failed all schedules.
- Vostochny cosmodrome still in building phase
- Angara rocket family still has serious issues in development. It must be completed in 2010s, but still nothing but several test launches
- While Roscosmos was leader of commercial space launches in past, now it almost completely eaten by evil Elon Musk and his SpaceX. Protons were good, but relying on same tech and thinking that they'll last forever in market is not a good way to do business. Now they are not that good in price terms. Cheap reusable rocket only planned in future
- Everything that Roscosmos planned is failed. Soyuz replacement is dead (Federation), funny plans like "moon base in 2015" that were loudly announced are dead too.
And much more.
Current manager of Roscosmos, Dmirty Rogozin, is known for two things: large twitter activity and large wage. He was politician from fake-nationalist "opposition" parties in early 2000s, now he is known state official. After ruining some programs in military industry, he became a manager of Roscosmos. I guess it's made to hide the disaster that happened in space industry with his clownish personality. His achievements:
- New line of clothing merchandise with space logos: https://youtube.com/watch?v=J4mEhzD6HuQ [Embed]
- Multiple jokes about Elon Musk and his "trampoline" rocket in twitter.
- Multiple plans about glorious future. Now there will be fully Russian space station in 2025, because we don't need those stupid westerners. In 2025. Or in 2030? Whatever. Maybe before lunar base from 2015.